Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Zucchini Lasagna


I saw this on Pinterest and decided I wanted to give it a try. I LOVE Zucchini, and since it was kind of cold and gloomy yesterday I was feeling some comfort food. I adapted this recipe to fit my tastes, and it was amazing! I got home fairly late, so to make it a little less time consuming I used some short cuts to make the cook time a little shorter. I also try and make things as "natural" and organic as possible, but it can get expensive so there are things I sometimes compromise on.



1 lb Lean Ground Beef
3 Medium Zucchini, thinly sliced
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 package Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
1 Jar Tomato Sauce (I used an all natural, gluten free, no sugar added brand)
1 can Tomato Paste
1/2 T Minced Garlic
2 T Fresh Basil, chopped
1 T Parsley
2 T Oregano
1 T Butter
1/2 T Sea Salt (or to taste)
1 Tsp Pepper to taste
1/2 C Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 C Shredded Parmesan

Preheat Oven to 350 F

In a large sauce pan brown ground beef (drain excess liquid).

Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic and saute until soft and thoroughly cooked.

Add tomato sauce, paste, basil, parsley, oregano, butter, salt, and pepper. Simmer on low.

While the sauce is simmering, slice the zucchini into thin rounds.


Use a 9x13 pan. Put a little of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Lay zucchini slices in rows on top of the sauce. Add about half of the sauce on top of the zucchini, and repeat. You should have 2 layers of each.


Top with both cheeses and stick in the oven for 30-45 mins or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.

Let sit for 10 mins and then serve.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment