Sunday, July 15, 2012

Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins


I found this recipe doing a Google search for a Grain-Free Pumpkin Muffin, and found the posting on Mark's Daily Apple about this recipe on Balanced Bites

I LOVE pumpkin! Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Spice Lattes (my ultimate weakness), Pumpkin Bread...you name it, I love it! There is just something about them that screams Fall which happens to be my FAVORITE time of the year! Cute cozy clothes, leaves changing colors, crisp nights, Halloween...I could go on forever!

Review

These definitely had more of a "muffin" texture than the Blueberry muffins. They were soft and fluffy and did not crumble. They kind of seemed a little on the "eggy" side in texture...at first it wasn't appealing, but then I think I got used to it. I think I am going to experiment with this recipe and see if maybe adding less eggs or more "flour" will make the texture a little better.

Ingredients


1/2 C Butter or Coconut Oil (I used butter), melted
6 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
1/4 C Honey or Maple Syrup (I used Honey)
1/2 C Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cloves
1/4 tsp Nutmeg/Allspice
Pinch of Salt

Preheat oven to 400 F

Grease your muffin tin with butter or coconut oil.

Combine wet ingredients in a bowl: butter, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, honey (make sure the butter is not too hot or it will cook the eggs)


Mix in the dry ingredients. As you mix the dry ingredients, the batter will continually get thicker until it's kind of paste-like.

Spoon into your muffin tin.

Bake for 15-18 mins or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.

Makes 12




No comments:

Post a Comment